Tuesday, May 22, 2018

I have now been here for a week and the experience has been wonderful. I did not realize how much work we would actually be putting in and I am happy about it because it is teaching me so much. I had a decent idea of what we would be coming into but I did not realize the internship would teach me this much. As for the needs of the community, I don't like to use that word. "Needs" make it seem like people are desperate for something. Here, people are filled with joy and pride in what they do. The community is strong. At night, many people gather in the main plaza to socialize. Children play soccer and rollerblade. I envy them in this manner because in DeKalb we can't do that in fear of getting caught up with the wrong people. Clean water is an issue but that is an issue everywhere. There is purified water everywhere you go here, no one serves contaminated water. My expectations have changed about this internship but in the best way possible. I am happy here!

No comments:

Post a Comment