Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Hello friends! I wanted to make a post outside of my assignment. I want to address the biggest heart break I have felt while being in Mexico. The strays. I was warned by many that there would be stray dogs all over. While I felt sad every time I saw one, I was still able to contain my feelings and tears. That changed on May 16th when we went out to visit Segis and stopped in a town called Valle de Banderas before we got to him. There I met a dog who shattered my heart. I could tell she was a female and that she had just given birth to puppies who were no where to be seen. On top of this she could barely use her back legs and at certain times she was dragging them. I bonded with her and immediately broke into tears. It was really hard for me to leave her because all I wanted to do was take her with me, give her a bath, and get her well. She truly broke my heart. She will be my motivation for helping strays in my future. I will never forget her.

1 comment:

  1. Emily, thank you for sharing this story. I know you mentioned it to me in person, but seeing the pictures, really brought it home.

    ReplyDelete